We are excited to be launching our modified Swimming Lessons program starting Monday 16 November 2020!
Our teachers have been busy planning a range of COVID-safe lessons, providing the safest program possible for our staff and swimmers as we dive into warmer weather.
Swimming Lessons will look a little different for a while. We’re focusing on all aspects of safety in our staged program return. You’ll notice changes to our timetable, teaching methods, cleaning, lesson plans and procedures.
Booking your swimming lesson:
- We are taking bookings and payment online for all Swimming Lessons. Use the booking button below to secure your spot.
- Bookings are pay as you go. You can book and pay for as many individual lessons as you would like to attend each week to suit your families schedule.
- If you are having trouble or require support with the booking system, please contact the centre directly.
- Your regular Swimming Lesson membership payments and class day and time will continue to remain on hold until we can move to a more permanent timetable.
- We will continue to follow Victorian Government’s health guidelines. There will be restrictions to the number of people allowed within the pool hall at any given time.
General return information:
- Please arrive at the centre a couple of minutes prior to your class time.
- Where possible, only one supervising adult should accompany each swimmer to their lesson.
- We ask that swimmers please come prepared to swim by wearing bathers when they arrive.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to undergo a temperature check on arrival. We cannot allow entry to anyone with a temperature 38 degrees or above.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- Children must stay with their supervising adult until they are called to their class location for commencement. Swimming before or after lessons is not permitted at this time.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
Please note all persons entering the our facilities must have a booking, including supervising adults to ensure we remain within the government capacity restrictions per pool. See our full booking terms and conditions.
To ensure we are complying with the government’s contact tracing legislation, we’re implementing a new process. All supervising adults of swimming lesson participants are required to ‘check-in’ to the centre each time they attend using a pre-registered QR code.
If different supervising adult bring a child for their lesson, each adult must register for an individual QR code.
How to register and receive your QR code:
- Click here to fill out the visitor registration form.
- Include any additional visitors, such as minors who are attending the centre with you.
- It is not necessary to include the child who is participating in the lesson.
- Ensure all your details are correct – particularly your email address.
- Check the confirmation box at the end of the form and select the ‘next’ button.
- Please present your QR code each time you visit the centre.
We understand this is a change to your regular experience at our centre, and we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community safe.
Watch Around Water
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years old
All Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years old
All Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a red wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
All children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019).
The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/ren will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water website
For more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au