Youth memberships are designed to teach children and teenagers (aged 12 to 17) all about physical fitness. Our qualified health and fitness professionals design a safe, fun and exciting workout for our younger members. We help to set the foundations for 'fitness for life' by teaching young people how to use gym equipment with correct technique.
- Cost: $18.45 per week.
- There is a $0 joining fee and no lock in contract.
Facilities and classes
This membership provides access to YMCA-managed facilities within the City of Boroondara. These include Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre, Boroondara Sports Complex, Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre, and Kew Recreation Centre. With this membership you'll enjoy access to:
- gyms at all facilities
- group fitness classes with the exception of METCON, Strength, Boxing, BodyPump and Circuit
- outdoor pools (Ashburton, Hawthorn, Boroondara Sports Complex)
- indoor pools (Ashburton, Hawthorn, Kew)
- warm water pools (Ashburton, Hawthorn)
- aquatic group fitness classes
- stadiums (Ashburton, Boroondara Sports Complex)
- lockers to store your gear securely
- Personal Success Plan including a full induction and access to ongoing tailored programming with our qualified trainers.
Personal Success Plan
The Personal Success Plan is designed around you, to help you reach your fitness goals. We’re pleased to be able to offer this complimentary service to all gym members.
Your Personal Success Plan will kick-start with a 30 minute one-on-one induction with a qualified trainer (must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18). Your trainer will listen to your goals and tailor a program to suit your needs and fitness level. You’ll receive:
- One-on-one consultation and goals session with a qualified trainer
- Complete body composition tracking with our state-of-the-art EVOLT 360 body composition scanner (must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18)
- Ongoing Sessions with a qualified trainer as required by you, to reassess your fitness goals and progress your program.
- A second 30 minute follow-up appointment to assess your progress and adjust your program
- A third 30 minute session with a qualified instructor to re-assess your fitness and progress your program
- You can book your Personal Success Plan appointments in person at the gym or at reception.
Seminars and events
- Free Full Moon Meditation (First Friday of every month at Ashburton)
- Access to nutrition seminars and YMCA Healthy Living Magazine at Ashburton, Boroondara or Hawthorn
- Monthly member events
- 10% off merchandise
- YMCA member benefits card, giving you reciprocal rights when visiting our other facilities in Victoria
- Unlimited suspensions
Register your interest