The key to staying motivated is finding something you enjoy, which is why we offer a huge range of classes for all ages and fitness levels at the Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre.
We hold over 100 classes every week in our Group Fitness rooms and 10 classes in our Cycle Studio. Most classes run from 55-60 minutes, while express classes run for 30 or 45 minutes. See our list of recommended classes below or read our full list of class descriptions. View the casual group fitness prices on our prices pages.
Our Active Movers classes are designed to suit all ages and abilities, including our older adult members. The classes are low impact designed for older adults, encompassing a range of strength, cardio and flexibility exercises.
A whole body gentle conditioning workout to improve overall strength, particularly the core muscles. Aqua Aerobics is is a water based class that is suitable for all levels as it is conducted with background music. Due to the in-water nature of the class this class reduces bodyweight and allows participants to complete movements in water that they wouldn’t necessarily be able to do on land.
Freestyle stationary cycle workout will build endurance and provides great cardiovascular training. Our classes are led by our expert fitness instructors and provide a fun group environment and ever changing scenery and challenges.
'Dance for Neurobalance' is a therapeutic and artistic class combining different dance genres in a supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on coordination, rhythm, mobility, balance, breath, fluidity of movement, musicality and creative fun. Designed to target adults with neurological disorders and taught by a certified Dance for Parkinson’s Disease instructor.
Practicing the art of mindfulness, or meditation, has the ability to improve levels of depression, anxiety, obesity, stress, happiness and fatigue. These 45 minute guided meditation sessions are run by an experienced facilitator and are designed for both beginners and people wishing to extend their existing practice.
Combining weight training and metabolic conditioning to improve your strength and enhance your performance - teaching you how to move more efficiently and perform better both in training and everyday life. Classes will include mobility, strength and a metabolic conditioning workout to help build and maintain lean muscle, and increase strength, metabolism and overall fitness levels.
- Be early, late entry is not permitted
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class
- The minimum age to attend all other group fitness classes is 12 years old for members and 16 for non-members
- The minimum age to attend Body Pump, AdrenalineHIT, Boxing, Circuit, IQ and Performance Zone is 16 years of age
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class
- Put equipment away after the class
How to Join a Class
Even if you're not a member, you are still welcome to join our classes.
- Collect a ticket from customer service
- Ticket collection opens 90 minutes before the class start time and closes 5 minutes after the class start time
- One ticket per person, per class, until all tickets are allocated
- Hold onto your ticket until the instructor collects it