In the preschool swimming program, children learn to become more independent in the water and begin to develop important water survival skills.
Children will learn skills in:
- body orientation
- propulsion and submersion
- basic stroke development
- personal and water safety.
Our swimming teachers
Our teachers hold nationally accredited swimming teacher and water safety certificates. They have current CPR and first aid certificates, and have training in safeguarding children and young people.
Teachers assess and progress children through the program levels, based on their individual ability.
Swimming Lesson Information
Please select lesson type *
Feel free to come into the centre and speak to one of our customer service officers, or call the centre to determine the right level for you or your child’s lessons.
For more information, or to register your interest in swimming lessons, fill in the enrolment form on this page and one of our friendly customer service team will be in touch.
Fees are paid fortnightly by direct debit. No lock-in contracts. 14 days written notice are required to cancel.
Fee per lesson Fortnightly Direct Debit Standard Rate $19.00 $35.10
Start-up Fee $30 per child
Not applicable if enrolled at a Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facility less than six months ago
Fees effective 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020. All centre fees and charges undergo an annual pricing review
The cost of 48 program weeks is divided evenly over 52 weeks (26 fortnightly direct debit payments).
$19.00 per lesson x 48 weeks / 26 fortnights = $35.10 per fortnight.
Debits therefore occur beyond the program dates. The intent behind the 26 fortnightly debits per year is to minimise the cost impact to families by reducing the value of each debit.
Program and Safety Requirements
Infant and Preschool lessons
- Babies must be at least 6 months old
- Children in nappies must wear aqua nappies that are tight fitting around the thighs (you can buy them in centre)
- Parents should bring bathers during the first few lessons, in case the child gets upset and needs support in the water
All child lessons
- Bring bathers, towel, goggles (recommended, but not required) and dry clothes
- Come to the edge of the pool at the start of the lesson and directly hand over your child to the teacher
- Watch the lesson (Preschool classes)
- Stay as close as possible to the lesson (for example, by sitting in the chairs around the pool)
- Come to the edge of the pool at the end of the lesson and collect your child
- Photos are only allowed in the pool area with prior arrangement (never in the change room area). See our FAQs page for more information.
To provide a safe environment for your child, parents/carers must stay in the pool with infants for the whole lesson.
- Terms and conditions and program information